Measuring a monitor size is not as difficult as people think. If you are also looking for how to measure monitor screen size, then Teck Trucks is here for you.
Today, in this post we will guide you step by step: How to measure monitor size in just 2 minutes?
In the market, there are several ways to measure the size of a monitor. All the processes rely on you. Do not forget to see the image are also, aspect ratio, diagonal measurement, and other related things must measure before taking any other step.
It would be best if you had a ruler tape and some information about the basic match. Pythagoras theorem can apply to calculate the measurement.
How To Calculate Image Area?
Here are all the major steps to get the required task. If you want to get a proper result, then do not skip anyone from it.
- At the start of the procedure, you must have the information to check the image area on the screen. For this task, you must have the rule to check the length on both sides. One thing to consider is that please do not add the frames of the monitor into the length of horizontal and vertical.
- The 2nd step is to check the height of the screen. You must measure the images instead of the border of the frame. The ruler is enough to measure the screen from top to bottom.
- Now, the last step demand some knowledge about basic math. You must have information about the formula. So, it would help if you multiplied the length and width to calculate the desired result at any time.
Aspect Ratio and Diagonal Measurement
After knowing the above process, you may calculate the size of the monitor with the help of different ratios.
- Here, it would help if you compared the length and width of the monitor. I have seen the different kinds of ratios in the form of 4:3, 5:3, 16:9, or 16:10. You need to adopt the following steps to apply the formula.
- Suppose that the monitor’s length is up to 16 inches and the height is 10 inches, then you can compare it by 16:10.
- On the other hand, if the length increased to 25 inches and the height also to 15. do not forget to write the ratio amount up to 25:15 or 5:3.
- Here is a different technique to apply to the given construction. Check the corners of the two sides of the monitor and take measurements according to the rule. I want to ask you to take the rule and tape for more accuracy at that time. You are between both. The end must be good. if you’re eye sight is weak enough, then you can hire another person whose eye sight is not weak.
Do not add the bezel of the frame in two sides. You may exclude it from the frame
As I discussed at the start of the content, you must have basic information about basic math. The Pythagoras theorem will apply here to attain the desired result for you. If the screen of the monitor is larger than usual, you may also add diagonal distance.
You have to know the length of the two sides and then take squares for the amount. Now, the time is to add and take the square root. Do not forget to take the square and square root for the Hypatenue.
For example, the height if ten and the width is 16. The squares for this amount are 100 and 256. The addition is also 356. So, the square root will be 18.9 (√356=18.9).
I tried my best to put all the required information for the viewers. If you still have any issues, then you may see the videos on the same topic. As I discussed early in the article, you must have a tape, a ruler, and basic information about the match. Otherwise, you will be in a problem at any time.